The first EUFEMED forum will focus on the revised EMA guideline.
Evening Regional Meeeting by PIPMG - the Pharmaceutical Indiustry Project Management Group.
What is the Project Manager's role in the changing balance between the Pharma's need to outsource, their need to retain sponsorship & oversight, and the CROs' fast-gaining capabilities to manage many aspects of development? Join us to hear from two experienced speakers:
- The CRO perspective – Alexandra Adams, Director, Late Phase, EU, Chiltern
- The Pharma perspective - David Davies recently Futura Medical
Meeting programme here.
Risk Management in Early Phase Clinical Trials
It should be a great programme this year, and not only because I am on the organising committee!
We are having a drinks mixer after the talks to encourage a bit of extra networking.
Looking forward to this training course next week run by the Institute of Clinical Research.
- What is always present in successful projects?
- How to manage uncertainty
- Project risk analysis and management and the cost implications
- Problem solving techniques
- Measurement of project progress in terms of the budget, schedule and the quality (EVM)
- Requests for information (RFI), requests for proposals (RFP) and proposal analysis
- Analysing the project budget
- Pricing criteria
- Communication skills
- The Legal contract
The course is being taught by Roger Joby, Pharmaceuticals Consultant and Professional.
Free exhibition for Learning and Development Professionals (I include myself in this category as I have an interest in deploying Learning Management Systems and have acted as a Training Coordinator 😉).
Takes place at Olympia Conference Centre.
Here's the link.
Kicks off tomorrow, but later events are still available - see here.
New Scientist Live will be running 5 events in 2014 exploring a range of compelling subjects, held at Conway Hall in London. Each event will start at 6:30pm, ending at 8:30pm. Buy tickets now for all events:
28 May - The origin of modern humans, with:
- Chris Stringer, Research Leader in Human Origins, Natural History Museum
- Bruce Bradley, Professor of Experimental Archaeology, University of Exeter
Understanding the evolution of modern humans is one of science's most intriguing projects. And recently, the picture it gives has changed dramatically. The unexpected discovery of a new species of early human plus genetic tests on our other ancient ancestors has dramatically changed the way we view the ascent of humans. Moreover, we are gaining better understanding of their brains and mental abilities from a surprising source - the tools they made.
The Institute of Clinical Research is running a Chairman's Forum on oncology next week in High Wycombe.
- Jane Bentley PhD - Executive Director Project Management and Global Oncology Operations Lead at Worldwide Clinical Trials, Inc
- Gary Acton MD, former CMO of Antisoma
- Jenny Gray - Industry Lead NIHR Cancer Research Network Coordinating Centre
- Liz Gray - Senior Health Economics and Outcomes Research Manager, Novartis
- Sidath Katugampola PhD - Biomarker Development Specialist, Cancer Research UK
Book last remaining places at the ICR Web site.
Full price is £45 for the day - cheaper with membership etc.